US Meltblown is a company that was developed out of dire need for effective masks. Masks that meet the standards to filter out the COVID 19 virus.
At the beginning of 2020, when COVID hit, Fred Stickel, Chief Engineering Officer, and several others looked around and asked the question, “What can we do to help U.S. commerce?”
As they began to research, they found themselves shocked and disappointed at the fact that almost all PPE is not made in the United States. So, they sat down together and decided to give it a shot.
Testing of the product began in April of 2020 and now US Meltblown LLC is the new leader in meltblown technology. The company and its team have rapidly achieved critical milestones in their quest to be the trusted source of superior quality, being 100% American-made meltblown filtering material.
The timeline and accomplishments of US Meltblown have been significant in the industry:
- December 2020: Consistently manufacturing meltblown nonwoven fabric with filtration exceeding 50%.
- May 2021: Continuously manufacturing meltblown nonwoven fabric with filtering capability of 99.5% of 0.1-micron particulate, exceeding ASTM F2100-19 Level 3 requirements.
- June 2021: Consistently manufacturing meltblown nonwoven fabric that exceeds MERV 13 requirements for HVAC filtration systems.
- July 2021: Continuously manufacturing meltblown nonwoven fabric with filtering capability of 99.5% of 0.1-micron particulate, exceeding NIOSH N95 requirements.
- August 2021: Now incorporating our 100% American-made meltblown filtering material into ASTM Level 1, 2, 3 pleated surgical style masks and Niosh N95 cup and folded masks.
- October 2021: US Meltblown now offering colors for meltbown non-woven filtering material.
Additionally, US Meltblown has completed enrollment in the System for Award Management (SAM) directory and has received our CAGE CODE and the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Troop Support.
With these achievements, US Meltblown is the new leader in creating availability of true U.S.-made meltblown, legally allowing the use of the “Made in U.S.A.” claim as governed by the FTC for finished masks and HVAC filtering products. US Meltblown is also compliant with the Berry Amendment (USC, Title 10, Section 2533a) in maintaining the safety and security of our defense forces by fulfilling the Department of Defense requirement to buy domestically produced and manufactured products.
US Meltblown has established partnerships to ensure swift vertical integration into mask and HVAC filtering production in order to meet the demand for finished products in these markets. US Meltblown is proud to repatriate the manufacture of the highest quality filtering mediums back to within the borders of the United States, allowing the U.S. to take charge of protecting the health of our military, medical and first responders, as well as all American citizens. These same high-quality microbe- and particle-filtering products are also being made available to our friends around the world.
Leave a Reply