Reshoring Initiative is booming. New contracts to work with 50 or more firms to help the suppliers apply our Import Substitution Program. The President of Reshoring Initiative, Harry Moser says, “expect to see the overall rate of reshoring soar as soon as crisis eases. Have done about 30 webinars for other groups in the last 3 months.”
Founded in 2010, the non-profit Reshoring Initiative’s Mission is to bring five million manufacturing jobs to the U.S. from offshore, balancing the goods trade deficit and increasing U.S. mfg. by 40%, five million jobs.
- Results: The annual rate of jobs coming from offshore increased from 6,000 in 2010 to 180,000 in 2017. Cumulative jobs brought back represent about 5% of total 12/31/19 U.S. mfg. employment.
- Method: We document, promote and enable the reshoring and FDI (foreign direct investment) trends.
- Document: We have the only databases of:
- Promote: via articles, presentations, social media, interviews
- Enable: Our tools and resources are used by companies and EDOs (Economic Development Organizations) to accelerate the trend.
- We advocate to make the U.S. more competitive, to make it more profitable for companies to reshore.
- While we are focused primarily on the U.S. market, we have supported Mexico and Canada and spoken in the U.K., Switzerland, France and Holland. The logic of TCO and reshoring/localization is universal.
Services for Manufacturing Companies
- TCO Estimator: A free online software to help companies make better sourcing decisions about offshore vs. domestic sourcing and also to use to sell against imports. We helped one company win a $60 million order vs. a Chinese competitor.
- Import Substitution Program (ISP): Identifies major importers of what you produce. Use the TCO Estimator to convince them to reshore and source from you.
- Supply Chain Gaps Program: Identifies products with high imports and no domestic sources. Become the only U.S. producer.
- Website consulting: Helps you develop your website to convince customers to shift work from offshore to you.
- Media coverage: We could do an article on your reshoring.
- Essentially: TCO is the sales tool vs. imports. ISP finds the best opportunities to use the sales tool. Supply Chain Gaps identifies opportunities for becoming the dominant or only U.S. source in a significant market niche. Media coverage promotes your successes.
- National Reshoring Awards:
Founder & President