‘Cause You’re The Only Ten I See!
I just ordered an American Made Valentine card and got this message back. Thank you for shopping with Selling Only American Made Goods! at http://www.nortonsusa.com and buying American. Your purchase helps keep Americans working. We will process your order as quickly as possible.
It may not arrive on time but will be appreciated by my fiancé nontheless.
Do yourself and American jobs a small favor and share American made this Valentine’s Day.
A message from the Founder of Norton’s USA General Store, Only Selling American Made Goods
I always wanted to open a retail store. My children tease me that my family didn’t play store with me enough when I was a child. In 2003, I had the very good fortune to play the role of Barbara Ehrenreich in the stage adaptation of her book, “Nickel and Dimed: On ( Not) Getting By in America” at Steppenwolf Theatre in Chicago. While researching and rehearsing for the play, I realized that most of our manufacturing had gone offshore. I knew that we had lost a lot of manufacturing to China, but I hadn’t realized how much and that most of our consumer goods had left along with the jobs that employed so many Americans. I needed to do something positive, so I started researching what goods were still made in America and I kept a list. Then one day as I was driving through Barrington, I saw that my favorite building, an old livery barn, was for sale and as they say, the rest is history! It took my brother and I six months to get the building cleaned and fixed up and on June 13th, 2007 I opened the door to Norton’s U.S.A., Uniquely American General Store.
Here Are American Made Candy Ideas
The USA Love List always features some of the best Made in the USA brands. Here are some of the candies and go to USALoveList.com for the rest of the bag.
- Morley Candy Company manufactures Sanders Candy fine chocolates and candy in Detroit, Michigan.
- Mouth Party Caramels gourmet caramels are made in Maryland.
- NECCO (short for New England Confectionery Company) has been making candy in New England since 1847, including old favorites like NECCO Wafers, Sweethearts, Sky Bar, Candy Buttons, Mary Janes, and Clark Bars. UPDATE: As of July 2018, the NECCO factory has shut down. Stock up now on these candy favorites!
- Niagra by Frey chocolate bars and novelty chocolates are made in Buffalo, New York by SweetWorks Confections, LLC
- Original Gourmet Candy manufactures gourmet lollipops, candy, and cookies in New Hampshire.
- Pearson’s Candy, headquartered in Minnesota, is known for Bit-O-Honey, Salted Nut Roll, and more.
- PEZ Candy is made in Orange, Connecticut, but the dispensers are not American made.
- Piedmont Candy Company, the maker of Red Bird peppermint puffs and sticks, is located in North Carolina.
- Queen Bee Gardens honey candy is made in Wyoming.
- Rainbow Cotton Candy gourmet cotton candy is made in Arizona.
- Raw Sugar Toffee gourmet toffee is handcrafted in Louisiana.
- R.M Palmer Company has been manufacturing Palmer novelty chocolate candy in the US for over 60 years.
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory manufactures a large variety of chocolate candies in Colorado, including boxed chocolates.
- Russell Stover Candies has been making chocolates in the USA for over 90 years. Offers sugar-free varieties.
- See’s Candies manufactures lollipops, chocolates, brittles, and more in California.
- Sconza Chocolates gourmet chocolate candies are made in California.
- Surf Sweets gummy candy and jelly beans are organic, nut free, gluten free, dairy free, and GMO-free.
- Sweet Candy Company has been manufacturing candy in the USA for over 120 years. Today in Utah Sweet’s manufactures jelly beans, taffy, gum drops, Cinnamon Bears, chocolate treats, and more.
- Taffy Town, made in Utah, gourmet saltwater taffy is available in 75 flavors.
- Tootsie Roll Industries is an American manufacturer of popular candy brands like Andes, Tootsie Pops, Tootsie Rolls, Junior Mints, Charms Blow Pops, DOTS, Sugar Daddy, and Charleston Chew. Most of these candies are made in Chicago, Illinois. Junior Mints are made in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- TruJoy Sweets organic fruit chews, choco chews, lollipops, candy canes are GMO-free and contain no artificial colors or flavorings.
- UNREAL candy-coated milk chocolates are GMO-free and gluten-free.
- Whitman’s Sampler chocolates have been made in the USA for over 100 years.